Monday, January 28, 2008

Jour quatorze!

I went away for the weekend and, like, OBVIOUSLY, I cheated. I had a Tim Hortons coffee and a raisin bran muffin, 1 french fry, 4 jelly bellies, 1 dunk of a vegan spring roll in a yummy sweet dip I couldn't resist, and a wrap but only the actual wrap part wasn't detox friendly, the filling was. WHATEVER, I am still amazing. I stopped counting the days and stopped feeling like I'm on some stupid diet, this is the new me, well, the new Monday to Friday me. Well, until playoffs. Oh and get this, I stayed out till 6 in the morning while away, TOTALLY SOBER. My amazing little alcoholic man friend did too!! Aaaaaand, it'll never happen again....

Here are Monday nights recipes:

Vegan French Onion Soup

1 large sweet onion
1 green onion
2 cups organic vegetable broth
1 cup water
1 tsp gluten free flour (so many alternatives out there)
2 cloves of garlic
pinch of thyme
1 piece gluten free/wheat free brown rice bread
1 piece soy cheese

Caramelize the entire onion. Bring broth, water, garlic, thyme, and green onions to a boil. Reduce heat and add caramelized onions and flour and simmer for 30 minutes. Bake soup with crumbled brown rice bread and soy cheese for 5 minutes in an oven safe bowl.

Sweet Potato Chips with Lemon Tahini Dip/Dressing

Thinly slice 2 sweet potatoes. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and lightly grease. In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil with 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, about 3 minutes until it has an aroma. Remove from heat and add 1/2 teaspoon paprika. In a large bowl, drizzle mixture over sweet potatoes, add salt, and toss to coat. Arrange on baking sheet and bake until crispy at 375F, about 25 minutes, rotate midway.

Lemon Tahini Dip & Dressing

1/4 cup of Tahini
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of oil
1/4 cup of water
A dash of Bragg's
1 clove of garlic
Very small handful chopped onions

Blend all ingredients in a food processor. Vary the measurements to taste and texture whether using for dip or salad dressing. I make it thick first, and set half the mixture aside for dip, then add water and oil to the remaining half to get a dressing like consistency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home