Thursday, January 24, 2008

9 days and I am SO amaaazing!

Skipped a few. It's cause I've been too busy cooking. It's all I freggin do, for real (but it's the perfect distraction from....life). After work I go to the grocery store for fresh food (stopped and stared at the cheeses for a while, boooo), and I go home and cook all night. I create atmosphere though, a candle lit kitchen to Nina Simone, good times.


I'm not going through the last couple days, you know what I had breakfast, a smoothie, and just guess what I had for lunch? It was GREEN AND ORANGE SURPRISE SURPRISE. Here are some tasty recipes I've used for dinners....

Thai Tofu Noodle Bowl with Peanut-ish Sauce

Lemon Tahini Sauce

1/3 cup plain soy milk
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Bragg's (soy sauce replacement)
1 clove of garlic
pinch pepper
1/4 cup Tahini

Blend soy milk, lemon juice, Bragg's, garlic and pepper in blender or food processor. Add Tahini and blend for 15 seconds or until smooth.

Use half this mixture on half a block of cubed tofu and bake.

While Tofu is baking, prep some rice noodles, steam some broccoli, and grate carrots. Saute up some onions, when the onions are soft and only stating to brown, add some pine nuts and spinach and saute for a few more minutes.

Mix this all together and add the remaining Lemon Tahini sauce. Serve warm or cold.


Pesto and Pesto Pizza Wraps

This is the Naked Chef's Pesto recipe, less the Parmesan.

½ a clove of garlic, chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 good handfuls of fresh basil, leaves picked and chopped
a handful of pine nuts, very lightly toasted (trust me, toast these)
a good handful of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (CHEATER...skip this part!)
extra virgin olive oil
optional: a small squeeze of lemon juice (add the lemon, extra tasty)

Blend in a food processor until you get a oozy consistency.

Make a pizza wrap with the pesto, good for a quick snack or a lunch. Take a gluten/wheat/yeast/sugar free brown rice wrap and cut it in two. Spread pesto on half of both sides. Add some broccoli, onions, and spinach. Add some chicken if you have some prepared. Fold the haves and heat them in a grilled cheese maker thingy. Delish.


MEHICANO NIGHT!

Not really, but...

Spanish rice - brown rice with oil, Spanish onions, parsley, oganic veggie broth
Chicken with lime and cilantro - recipe on day 1
Asparagus and broccoli, baked with fresh minced rosemary, garlic, lemon, and oil

SO I should tell you I feel WONDERFUL. I haven't felt sick from food since this begun, this is the perfect elimination diet to discover what your food intolerance's are. Also, I can wake up on only pressing snooze once instead of 15 times, I'm neverrrrr tired in the day, I have enough energy to talk anyones ear off that gets near me, my skin is amazing, muffin tops retreating, like WOAH!

The cravings are almost gone.

I'm half way there.

AS IF!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home