Tuesday, January 29, 2008

5 more days until I get back together with popcorn!

Sauteed Bok Choy and Broccoli

- Bok Choy
- Broccoli
- 1 Minced Garlic
- Grated Ginger
- Dash of Bragg's
- 1/4 cup water
- Sesame Seeds

Cut white stalks from bok choy and slice. Chop green leaves.
Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. In a large skillet, boil 1/2 cup water. Add bok choy stalks and broccoli; cover. Simmer over medium-low until broccoli is bright green, 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover; cook on high until water evaporates, 2 to 4 minutes. Add bok choy leaves, oil, and garlic. Cook, tossing often, until garlic is fragrant, 2 minutes. Press ginger in a sieve over skillet to release juices. Stir in Bragg's. Finally, add sesame seeds.

Sweet Rice

Brown rice cooked in veggie broth. Caramelized one large sweet onion and added to finished rice with some shredded spinach, and green onions.

SNACK TIME!!!

2 slices of gluten free/wheat free brown rice bread with pumpkin seed butter and honey. YUMMMERSSSS!!


Oh, and so you know, I'm already planning to 'cheat' Saturday. Beer and chicken wings. It's kind of a big deal. It's a matter of hockey. And Sunday I will most definitely drink coffee like it's my last cup, probably Tim Hortons, which means I will have a snack too. I'm okay with that. I'm planning it so I don't feel like I've failed Joshi when the times comes. Monday I'm back on, Monday - Friday detox lifestyle, that's me. Until playoffs. Obvs.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home